Grayline.com – Updated “Easy Cancellation” Policy
We have recently started to merchandise a new “Easy Cancellation” policy on grayline.com for most products with a duration of one day or less. This new policy and marketing message was in response to direct customer feedback and the competitive environment for booking tours and activities online. Most online agencies now require flexible cancellations and refunds from their suppliers. This new policy was unanimously approved by the board of directors.
As a result of implementing the new policy on grayline.com, we have already seen improved booking conversion and less inquiries to our customer service department about our cancellation policy.
The new policy was put in to place as follows:
- “Easy Cancellation” provides that designated tours of one day or less can be cancelled by a customer with a full refund up to 24 hours before departure
- Products on grayline.com following the previously board approved standard to allow bookings up to 2 hours before departure also have the new “Easy Cancellation” policy automatically in place
- Multi-day packages were automatically excluded from the new policy
- Licensees who have products with extenuating circumstances may apply to have a specific product excepted from the new policy
- For any products that do not follow the “Easy Cancellation” policy, the licensee should provide applicable cancellation and refund information in the product details.
The Terms and Conditions and FAQs on grayline.com have been updated to reflect the new policy.
Please contact us with any questions.